Delaware Medicare Advantage Plan is also called Part C Plan provided by private insurance companies approved by Medicare.
It covers all of Part A (Hospital insurance) and all of Part B (Medical insurance) health care services.
Medicare Advantage Plan covers all except hospice care.
It also covers Medicare Prescription Drugs coverage (Part D).
You have to pay the copayments and monthly premium to avail the benefits of Delaware Medicare Advantage plans.
Eligibility for Medicare Advantage Plans
You can get Medicare Advantage Plan if conform to following conditions
- You have benefits from Part A and Part B
- You reside in service area of the Plan
- You do not suffer from End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Different types of Medicare Advantage plans
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans-These plans must cover Part A and Part B. You must visit doctors or hospitals mentioned in the plan?s list.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans-These plans are available in local area and pay less if you visit the doctor or hospital in the plan?s network.
- Private Fee for Service (PFFS) Plans-In these plans you can visit any doctor or hospital that is ready to accept plan?s payments. You have to pay some amount while some is given by the plan.
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)-People having both Medicare and Medicaid and need support for their special needs. These people may suffer from one or more chronic diseases.
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plans-These plans maintain medical savings account to be used to compensate your health care expenses.
If you already have Medicare and want to enroll to Medicare Advantage plans you must know the following-
- Plan provides primary health care instead of Original Medicare.
- No payments will be made by Original Medicare.
- Medicare card will be replaced by a plan card.
- You may have to pay for copayments.
- It does not replace Medicare Supplement insurance plans.